Walking Club: The Dock’s very own ramblers
BRENTFORD DOCK WALKING GROUP 2019
Monday 25 November 2019
RIVER WANDLE: CARSHALTON TO COLLIERS WOOD
walk about 6km along River. William Morris printing works, Merton Abbey Mills, several parks with wetlands and birds, pubs en route.
Brentford to Carshalton train via Clapham Junction about 1h
Home various routes 1h or more.
Monday 23 December 2019 AFTERNOON START
Why is walking good for kids?
- Fun and interesting. You get to notice things along the way and meet people in your neighbourhood.
- Sociable. Children love walking with their friends.
- Makes them feel good. The exercise makes kids feel calmer and happier.
- For older children, walking independently offers some time to themselves.
- Health benefits. It helps keep you and your kids stay healthy in mind as well as body, helping to boost your mood and self-esteem.
A good walk can do wonders for your mental wellbeing.
But it’s not just about the occasional one-off feel good factor. Being active has a whole range of benefits when it comes to mental wellbeing.
It improves self-perception and self-esteem, mood and sleep quality, and it reduces stress, anxiety and fatigue. Physically active people have up to a 30% reduced risk of becoming depressed, and staying active helps those who are depressed recover.
In older people, staying active can improve cognitive function, memory, attention and processing speed, and reduce the risk of cognitive decline and dementia. More details